If you feel bored of the emptiness of the wall of the staircases leading to the upstairs, you will need staircase wall painting ideas. Yes, art can make something different.
Some people love to let their staircase wall empty without pieces of art like paintings, portraits, or other ornaments. Some people think differently. They want something nice to see when going to the upper floor. If you are looking for ideas to do something about the staircase walls, here what you can consider:
- How about a series of artwork or painting? The series can be in proportion to the stairs’ width. The series can be from a bigger one to a smaller one, or it is fine to have same-size artwork series. It is also possible to only have one big art piece on the wall. A single painting will be nice. However, you should be more careful since a single big artwork on the wall sometimes can be distracting. If the wall is big enough and the stairs are wide enough for a big artwork, you can try. Perhaps you can try something abstract. Make sure the artwork goes well with the lower and the upper floor. Don’t forget about the artwork position. People around should be able to see the artwork clearly. Some people even paint the wall by themselves or ask an artist to do that.
- Some people love messages or quotes. If you do, too, you can have some frames of messages or quotes on the staircase wall. The messages or quotes can be playful as long as they are impressive and interesting. One thing to consider important is the paint color of your wall. Don’t let the walls look stuffy with the paint color and the frames. Make them go well with each other.
- Collecting family portraits is nice. You can have a series of family portraits on the staircase wall. You can be more creative by creating a family tree with the portraits or find other interesting compositions that can make your empty staircase wall feel warm.
Staircase wall painting ideas
- Painting lovers would love to have oil paintings on their staircase wall. If you have painting collection, go hang them on the staircase wall.
- Oil portraits of yourself, your family, or your ancestors are nice. An oil portrait of the famous person you adore is also fine. Even an oil portrait of an imaginary person is fine as long as it can add value to your staircase wall.
- If you love painting, don’t you think it’s great to have your own painting on the wall?
What to consider before making the staircase wall full of paintings
- First thing first, consider the purpose. If the purpose is clear, you’ll be easy to choose the paintings or portraits. Abstract, pop-art, traditional, representational, etc, can be the options. Anything you can choose as long as the painting can make you and your family happy in your house.
- Size matters. It is great if the painting is proportional—goes well with the size of the staircase and the wall. It is suggested that you have white color for the wall if the wall is a bit shallow.
- Whether you choose a vertical or horizontal frame as long as the painting makes the best composition, go for it.
- You can combine paintings and other pieces of arts. If you are creative enough, you can add aesthetic value to the lower and upper floor joined by staircases and their wall.
So, what do you think? Are you going to do something to your staircase wall soon? Hopefully, the article about staircase wall painting ideas can give you the inspiration