Kitchen cabinets which come differently in style are very important in our kitchen since it can help us store kitchen utensils and supplies. Let’s talk about antique white glazed kitchen cabinets.
There are two types of kitchen cabinets that you can have in your kitchen—wall cabinet or base cabinet. The styles can be modern, antique, contemporary, traditional, rustic, country, craftsman, glass-front, open-shelving, etc. The colors of the kitchen cabinets can be varied depending on the tone of the kitchen and surely depends on the owners’ taste. One thing for sure, kitchen cabinets are useful—a must to have in the kitchen. This will prevent the kitchen from being so stuffy and messy with all kitchen tools and supplies scatter everywhere. Among other styles and types, what do you know about an antique white glazed kitchen cabinet?
Antique kitchen cabinets
It is interesting to have an antique kitchen cabinet which will remind us of our grandmother. If you want to have it in your kitchen, see the ideas below.
- An antique kitchen cabinet is usually sturdy which is safer for storing.
- An antique kitchen cabinet is usually white in color, so consider white color.
- To make it more interesting, in the kitchen you can have an olive refrigerator which goes well with antique white kitchen cabinets.
- If your antique white kitchen cabinets are real antique, you should use milk paint to refurbish them. Just don’t let the milk paint remove the antique feel and theme of them. Just let everything about them including the knobs and turnbuckles like what they used to be. You may replace them if they are not in a good condition anymore.
- Make sure you add some kitchen chairs that match the kitchen cabinets well.
If you have already had antique white kitchen cabinets make it better looking with a glazing technique. Absolutely, the texture or the antique feel of the kitchen cabinet will come up. Anything white seems to get dirty easily. So, it is a must for you to clean your antique white glazed kitchen cabinet regularly. See how to do it correctly.
How to maintain and clean antique white glazed kitchen cabinets
If the white cabinets are made from old wood, so the cabinets may look yellowish with their old varnish. The protecting coat will also be discolored. So, first thing first is you should strip off the old varnish and then repaint the cabinets.
How to clean white kitchen cabinets
With vinegar and baking soda in warm water, you can make your dirty and old white kitchen cabinets look shinier, brighter, and newer. The baking soda will help loosen the grease and vinegar will help remove the grime and dirt. With a soft sponge or rag that won’t damage the surface of the white kitchen cabinets, you can wipe down the cabinet with the damped sponge or rag. Try to get rid of the grease. If the grease is very hard, just sprinkle some baking soda on the sponge or rag and scrub the areas. If you have finished wiping down and rubbing, dry the cabinets with a soft clean rag slowly.
So, what do you think? Don’t you think it’s great to have antique kitchen cabinets especially the white glazed ones which make the kitchen cabinets even look more antique? Hopefully, you get inspired by this article about antique white glazed kitchen cabinets.